My Red LightSpeed

My Red LightSpeed

October 1, 2007

Software update

I received a LightSpeed software update last week and installed it on Friday. It has a few changes. One of them is that the writer starts when you open the writer software. Before you had to click on Start. That makes sense, because if you're opening the sofware, you're starting the writer anyhow. I haven't looked through all of the changes yet.

Today I forgot my laptop at home (duh!) and had to use an old, old laptop I have. I couldn't load LightSpeed on it because it's got Windows 98. (I told you it was OLD!) So I wrote with my Cybra. I swear I have to push the keys down forever. At lunch I ran home and got my laptop and switched back to it and the LightSpeed for the afternoon. I'm proud to say I had a 1.0 tran rate. Lowest ever with the LightSpeed!!! It was also a short proceeding. If it had been longer, I'm sure my rate would be higher.

I'm still getting extra strokes in my notes, especially the final P and the initial W. It's overall pretty good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY! Thanks, Greta.

The updated software seemed to help. However, the LS software crashed TWICE! You know, "Windows had to shut down LightSpeed" sort of thing. Support said, "Well, nothing we can do. Uninstall the new software." Which I'm not going to do because I can't wait 10 mins for the thing to recalibrate. Hasn't crashed while I was actually using it, just while idle. Then it didn't do it again. So cross your fingers for Wednesday for me! :)