My Red LightSpeed

My Red LightSpeed

September 24, 2007

Not a bad Monday!

I'm getting braver. I didn't hook up both my writers today -- just the LightSpeed. I ended up with a 1.6 untran rate, which is improved over my 2.0 average. I'm still having trouble with numbers, but I chalk that up to my trying the advanced number buttons first, trying to re-learn how to write 5's and 0's, then switching back to the Classic number bar.

I had an awful problem and my software shut down. I learned a digitalCAT lesson. I have an extra sound file and an extra steno notes file going to my thumb drive. I haven't deleted anything from it for a couple of months. Apparently, it exceeded the space on the drive. When it did, it shut down digitalCAT. So lesson to digitalCAT users: clear off your thumb drive every so often if you're using it to make extra sound file copies!!!

But it was okay. I just kept writing, turned off the extra backup and started a new file (all without stopping the proceedings!!!) Back up in about five minutes, sending RT to the judge. Then I retranslated the notes from the SD card in the writer, which was really simple. I'm not sure if my sound file will sync up, though, or if that corrupted it. I haven't checked on that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greta,

It's great to finally follow the links to your blog and get a bit of reading in. It's rare, if not unique to you, to find such a blog from a court reporter who is not only smart but also a blogger, on your same software system, and has the time to share his/her experiences! So, Kudos to you!

I"m looking forward to catching up and reading along.

Happy Holidays!
D. Van Dyke
California CSR 10795