My Red LightSpeed

My Red LightSpeed

October 15, 2007

!@#$% keypads

I'm having absolutely NO luck with the keypads. I ordered some leather keypads from Pengad. I don't like the real squishy pads, so these are nice and flat. They don't fit the asterisk key (it's too wide) or the DZ keys. And for the number "buttons" I was going to cut up the number bar strip.

Well, I got all the letters' keypads on. It was not pretty. When I stroked something, the letters "stuck" on, then the next stroke would stick on top of the last stroke, but they would stay registered, like I was holding them down and not coming up. It was awful. I have my sensitivity set just right, and I didn't want to start over with that to accommodate the keypads. So off came the keypads. And they came off very easily. I put them on my Cybra.

So no keypads for me. I will work on putting something like a raised dot on some keys to be able to feel that I'm in the right position.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

EEEK!! How awful, Greta. I am using the squishy pads. I had put the leather ones on top of them -- with the same fit problems -- but the keys felt so wiggly with those and they tended to slip off the squisy pads, so I took them off. I've considered trying to take off the squishy pads, even though they're working great, but they seem super-glued and I don't want to hurt my pretty little LightSpeed.

I guess if it ain't broke, don't fix it. The white pads just ruin the look so much! :(