My Red LightSpeed

My Red LightSpeed

October 5, 2007

Word from the top

I had a long talk with Johnny Jackson today, and I got so much information! I'm going to outline what I learned here, and I'll add some of it to the website later.

Under the Anti Stacking Options:
Unclick Solution 1, Stroke Termination Timer.
You can click or unclick Solution 2, Stroke ends.... Johnny says that it can't hurt to have it on. I'm turning it off, and then maybe I'll play with it later. Its purpose is pretty complicated, and I certainly can't explain it here!
Click Plurals and Participles. This one is terrific. It corrects stacking created when the G, S, D and Z are stroked and then another stroke is commenced before those letters are fully released (straight from the manual!)
Click Punctuation. I didn't take good notes when Johnny was explaining this one. It has to do with mistroked punctuation and Q and A banks.

Now go to Configuration:
You can leave sleep timeout clicked if it is working for you. If you have it set for, say, 2 seconds, if you rest your fingers on the keys for 2 seconds or longer, it will not register a stroke. But that doesn't help you for the little quick rests that result in extra, unwanted strokes. So find a resting position you like. Johnny uses SKWR-RBGS. That is a stroke for me, so I have to think of something else. Now enter that stroke in your dictionary as NOTHING. I mean just leave the entry blank. Now when that stroke is registered, nothing will happen (except for maybe your sound sync will record if you have it set to unpause when you write.)

In the new software update that came out, the stroke monitor is LOTS better. It was annoying to me before so I turned it off. Johnny told me that it was improved, so I turned it on. It is cool now, and I'm keeping it on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Greta! I had the stroke monitor off too because it didn't seem to do any good and showed things I wasn't touching anyway.

I turned off the Plurals and Participles because I made a RT macro that was STPH-D (down line) and even though my fingers hit them at the same time, it would split them up. I probably made a poor choice, but all of my RT macros start with STPH or GL (in the global mode).

The new software has made a huge difference in my ghosts and stacking -- totally eliminated them! And the delay in responding. woohoo!! :D