My Red LightSpeed

My Red LightSpeed

November 10, 2008

Reading files from the SD card in Eclipse

An October firmware and software release made changes relating to the the SD card. Here are instructions from a LS user on how to translate notes in Eclipse software.

What I did was put the card from the writer in my computer, found the file I wanted in the folder with today's date, right clicked and Send To my Laura folder in Eclipse. Then in Eclipse I changed the writer type under the Input tab to Smartwriter and changed Read From to Drive or Folder and directed that to my Laura folder. After doing that, I could Alt I and read in the file.001 or whatever and translate it. So apparently we do still have a backup on the SD card, but you have to read the file on as Smartwriter notes instead of importing the RTF file, and that's the only backup.

No comments: